Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Exodus 20:7; 3:13-14; Deuteronomy 10:17; Isaiah 9:6-7; Revelation 1:8; Psalm 22:3
· In This Passage: God commands us not to misuse his name. The Bible is full of different names for God that describe his holiness, mightiness, and eternal nature. God’s name captures who he is, so we respect it.
· Bible Point: We respect God’s name when we talk.
· Summary Verse: “Jesus replied, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind” (Matthew 22:37).
· We respect God’s name when we talk. In today’s culture, it’s very common to use God’s name as an exclamation or swearword. Kids have certainly heard this regularly and may even say it themselves. Use this lesson to help your kids develop an awe and respect for God’s name.
· Think About: What does God’s name mean to you? Why is it special?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to show your kids his holiness and might, giving them a sense of awe for his name and who he is.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.