River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Exodus 20:8-11; Genesis 2:1-3
· In This Passage: God says to observe a Sabbath day and keep it holy. A Sabbath is one day each week that we set aside to rest, recharge, and focus on God. This commandment was so important to God that he set an example by resting on the seventh day of Creation.
· Bible Point: We have a special day for God.
· Summary Verse: “Jesus replied, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind’ ” (Matthew 22:37).
· We have a special day for God. The idea of Sabbath is one that isn’t talked about or done very much in our culture—even among Christians. And yet, in this age where we may be busier than ever, we need time to rest and recharge more than ever! Show your kids that God gave us this commandment as a gift, knowing that a Sabbath day each week renews us for all the tasks that lie ahead.
· Think About: Do you have a Sabbath day each week? If so, what do you like about it? If not, what are your obstacles?
Be Bold Class
God is Powerful 1 Chronicles 29:11
In the beginning, God created the heavens and earth. Genesis 1:1
- The Holy Spirit took part in creating the world. Genesis 1:2
- Jesus took part in creating the world, too. John 1:1-3
- The creation Process. Genesis 1:3-2:2
Your teens hear very different stories about how the world came to be. Big bang? Evolution? Chance? Design?God? Six-day or 13 billion years? Put your kids at ease about sharing their thoughts and questions by not judging if they seem confused or don’t accept your view of how the world came to be. Instead, reassure them there’s an all-powerful Creator who’s behind all that exists… including them.
Pray for your Preteens
Ask God to help your kids be open to Him, and willing to let the truth of the Bible influence their thoughts and opinions. Ask God to make Himself known to your kids.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.