River Ridge Kids
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Exodus 20:15; John 12:1-8
· In This Passage: God commands his people not to steal. Judas, one of Jesus’ disciples, is the treasurer for the group. Instead of being responsible with the money, he secretly steals some for himself and then criticizes a woman who gives generously to Jesus, saying she’s being wasteful.
· Bible Point: We don’t steal.
· Summary Verse: “Jesus replied, ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind’ ” (Matthew 22:37).
· We don’t steal. Stealing is a fairly black and white topic to kids. They don’t perceive a lot of gray area; they know it’s wrong. However, they have a strong temptation to take a small item just because they want it. Help your kids see why stealing is wrong and replace a desire to steal with a desire to give generously.
· Think About: What are you tempted to steal? How can you change that temptation to generosity?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to help your kids have a stronger desire to give than to get.
Lesson 9- What’s the point of going to Church?
God is Always with Us
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to act of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near.”
- The church is like a human body whete all parts are needed and important. (1 Corinthians 12:12-25-27)
- The faithful devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, to fellowship, to sharing meals, and to prayer.(Acts 2:42)