Good Morning River Ridge Kids!
Listen to Sarah in this video.
Parents: Here is a chance to interact with your kids. You are the teacher! Here is the lesson for today.
Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Psalm 119:9-16; Daniel 5
· In This Passage: The psalmist delights in God’s Word, storing it in his heart so he won’t sin against God. When King Belshazzar is sinning against God, God sends a finger to write his judgment on the wall. Daniel, who knows God’s Word, is able to discern what the writing on the wall means about the king’s sinful behavior.
· Bible Point: God’s Word helps us live right.
· Summary Verse: “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path” (Psalm 119:105).
· God’s Word helps us live right. Getting kids excited about God’s Word can be hard sometimes. Often, kids view the Bible as a boring book with no real plot and a bunch of words they can’t understand; they look at it as more of a reference book like a dictionary than something to spend time reading! Help kids capture the excitement about the Bible found in Psalm 119, where the writer rejoiced in his love for God’s Word.
· Think About: What are your favorite parts of the Bible?
Dig In to Prayer
· Ask God to help your kids discover a love and excitement for his Word.
Here is a HANDOUT that you can use as a resource.
Contact email@example.com for further questions or comments. Have a good week!
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.