Dig In to the Bible
· Read: Matthew 7:15-23
· In This Passage: In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus warns about false prophets—people who seem trustworthy but aren’t. Jesus says to determine who truly loves him by the fruit you see in their lives. Someone with a bad heart can’t produce good fruit, and someone with a good heart can’t produce bad fruit. Our hearts and lives show that we’re Jesus’ friends.
· Bible Point: Jesus’ friends live like him.
· Summary Verse: “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets” (Matthew 7:12).
· Jesus’ friends live like him. Kids understand friendships and peer influence well. Help them see that the closer they grow to Jesus, the more people will be able to tell they’re friends with Jesus.
· Think About: What fruit have you seen in other Christians that show they’re friends with Jesus?
Dig In to Prayer
Ask God to help you produce good fruit and be a model for your kids.
* DIG IN lesson content copyright © Group Publishing, Inc.